1. One of my earliest memories is playing with a rubber centipede on the kitchen floor. I tossed it (trying to get the cat to do it's catly duties and chase it), but when I went to pick it up, it crawled under the stove. Yes, that's right...a real, live, gigantic centipede had been chillin' next to my fake one.
2. My Mom forgot about hot dogs cooking on the stove during a garage sale when I was about seven. We had no idea why the fire department pulled up to our yard until they opened our door and we saw smoke wafting out like it was Lucille Ball's dressing room. I personally thought they might have been interested in purchasing my old tea set.
3. Grandma invited the fire department over for yet another adventure when she forgot about bread left in the toaster oven. This resulted in more smoke, more firefighters, and a sign taped to the toaster oven that reads "OFF LIMITS TO MARIE!"
4. I learned today that it's unwise to run the microwave and the toaster oven at the same time. Apparently, our appliances are so powerful and futuristic that they'll throw a measly ol' 2009 circuit breaker and cause the entire kitchen to lose power.
5. I make my food there.
Really Important Things...
2 days ago